Viruses are gone… finally

Well, I’ve finally done it.  After almost a month I’ve gotten rid of the viruses/malware/redirect on the site.  It only took nuking the whole thing and recreating it.  With luck the virus isn’t good enough to have been in my backup.  If so then I’m not sure how I’ll get rid of it.

I had to nuke both this site and my drupal site, and my backup SCA site.  This is the first one back up and running.  With luck I’ll be able to recover the drupal site as well.  That one will eventually come back to wordpress, as I”m fairly certain that it was a drupal exploit that let the devil in.  I took the opportunity to try out anew theme.  We’ll see how it goes.

The down side to this is that I lost all of my uploads.  Luckily they were mostly pictures, and a few redundant files.  I don’t think it will be too much of an issue.  As time goes on I’ll try to go back through and add things back in.

I think it’s about time to go through and clean up the site anyway.  There’s a lot of redundant information on here.

 

Leave a Reply